Full day conference with the main purpose of introducing Namibia to 75 MBA students from Harvard University as a prime Investment destination. Conference is the brainchild of Ms. Andrea Barry, Non-Executive Director on the board of Pupkewitz Holdings and Granddaughter of the legendary Mr. Harold Pupkewitz.
The theme of the conference was: Namibia an Investment Destination. “Having interacted in various forums at Harvard on the development of Africa, I have been perturbed by the lack of mention of Namibia in the frequent discussions on Southern Africa. Through my involvement with the Pupkewitz Group, I believe deeply in the potential of Namibia and wish to bring our country onto the radar of business leaders. I wish for Namibia to be top of mind as an African investment destination” Andrea Barry.
Madam Monica Geingos, First Lady of the Republic of Namibia was the keynote speaker at the Conference.
Topics such as:
• Namibia as a favourable investment destination,
• Vision 2030, NDP4 and people-centred economic development,
• Role of the private sector and foreign investment in achieving Namibia’s economic aims.
- 75 Business leaders representing over 15 different nationalities (Nigeria, Senegal, Russia,India, China, Mexico etc.) visited Namibia and were informed on investment opportunities in the country,
- Several high level speakers addressed the conference, keynote speaker was Madam Monica Geingos, First Lady of the Republic of Namibia.
The pillars of the NDP5 which applies to this project under the Social Progression pillars – Harnessing the Demographic Dividends
- Youth Empowerement
- Intergrate marginalized communities into mainstream
Human Capital Development
- Social Progression
- Basic Education
- Technical/Vocational Education and Training
Environment and Climate Change
- Strengthen Environmental protection
- Promote environmentally sound investments and production systems.
Achieve, sustainable and equitable growth
- Rural Economic Development
- Enterprise Development