MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Half Day Conference with the title: “Escaping the Resources Curse: Successful and Sustainable Economic Diversification in Namibia featuring Namibian leaders addressing a group of 25 MBA students from the MIT Sloan School of Management in Chicago. This endeavor forms part of the ongoing personal initiative of Ms. Andrea Barry to put Namibia on the map for future business leaders to assist Namibians in expanding their network.
- 25 MBA students from MIT Sloan School of Management were introduced to Namibia and the business opportunities offered.
- Contributed immensely to positioning Namibia as a key investment destination and put Namibia on the radar of business leaders.
The pillars of the NDP5 which applies to this project under the Social Progression pillars – Harnessing the Demographic Dividends
- Youth Empowerement
- Intergrate marginalized communities into mainstream
Human Capital Development
- Social Progression
- Basic Education
- Technical/Vocational Education and Training
Environment and Climate Change
- Strengthen Environmental protection
- Promote environmentally sound investments and production systems.
Achieve, sustainable and equitable growth
- Rural Economic Development
- Enterprise Development