NAMIB DESERT ENVIRONMENT EDUCATION TRUST
The Namib Desert Environmental Education Trust (NaDEET) is a non-profit, Namibian trust established in 2003. The NaDEET Centre is located 100 km south of Sesriem/Sossusvlei on the NamibRand Nature Reserve and the head office is located in the coastal city of Swakopmund. NaDEET believes environmental education must not only increase awareness and knowledge but also eco-friendly attitudes and skills in Namibia’s youth and educators to promote participation.
To provide environmental education for Namibians, regardless of income, by:
- addressing relevant environmental issues through hands-on, experiential learning.
- supporting the Namibian school curricula in a practical, learner centred way.
- providing the opportunity of experiencing the county’s namesake the Namib Desert – first hand, thus creating a sense of respect and responsibility for their natural Habitat
Funding of environmental education programme, this sponsorship supports crucial desert research focusing on the Enviro footprint: Engery, Water, waste and Bio-diversity, 4 schools – 500 children annually are impacted through the support NaDEET
The pillars of the NDP5 which applies to this project under the Social Progression pillars – Harnessing the Demographic Dividends
- Youth Empowerement
- Intergrate marginalized communities into mainstream
Human Capital Development
- Social Progression
- Basic Education
Environment and Climate Change
- Strengthen Environmental protection
- Promote environmentally sound investments and production systems.
Ensure sustainable environments and Enhance Resilience Conservation & Sustainable use of Natural Resources:
- Enhance value addition and sustainable utilization of bio diversity
- Sustained environmental awareness campaigns