Our Story

The Pupkewitz History

It all started in 1904 when Max Pupkewitz opened a wagon-building shop in Okahandja and then, in 1925, a general dealership at Ausspannplatz. Fast forward to 1946 and his son, following in his father’s footsteps, Harold Pupkewitz, establishes the Pupkewitz Builders’ Merchant – The Building and Engineering Division. Building on his ethos of “The goal is not to live forever, the goal is to create something that will”, the Pupkewitz brand slowly established itself across Namibia.