PHYSICALLY ACTIVE YOUTH
P.A.Y. programme is a dynamic after-school centre in Katutura which provides safe and nurturing learning environment for Namibian children and youth coming from disadvantaged communities.
• Instill values and attitudes of general equality and inclusiveness;
• Encourage a healthy and physically active lifestyle supported by an optimal feeding scheme;
• Improve learning and teaching outcomes through education for sustainable development;
• Develop capacity of young women and men from disadvantaged communities to take part in competitive sports;
• Engage learners in life skills programming centred on comprehensive sexuality education;
• Enhance awareness of issues of national concern such as human rights, climate change and protection of the environment;
• Enhance civic engagement in the education and development process;
• Create a foundation for nurturing a productive and competitive human resources (labour force) contributing to the development of the nation (NDP4 Goal 6, p. 134).
The pillars of the NDP5 which applies to this project under the Social Progression pillars – Harnessing the Demographic Dividends
- Youth Empowerement
- Intergrate marginalized communities into mainstream
Human Capital Development
- Social Progression
- Basic Education
- Technical/Vocational Education and Training
Environment and Climate Change
- Strengthen Environmental protection
- Promote environmentally sound investments and production systems.
Achieve, sustainable and equitable growth
- Rural Economic Development
- Enterprise Development