What is it:
Windhoek High School is one of the olderst and most successful government schools in Namibia. Over the 100 year, WHS has played a significant role in the education of thousands of young Nambians from all the different culture groups. Many successful businessmen, lawyers, medical doctors, entrepreneurs, entertainers, etc. have been educated at WHS. Since the introduction of free education at the beginning of 2016, WHS has really been challenged to make ends meet. In the past, school fees were mandatory and thus, schools were able to bridge the financial gap between the amount the government contributed and the total expenses that is necessary to maintain the school.
- The late Mr. Harold Pupkewitz and his granddaughter Andrea Barry (Director of the Pupkewitz Holdings Board )attended the Windhoek High School
The support from the Pupkewitz Foundation ensures that disadvantaged learners receive excellent education and that the opportunity to enjoy sport participation with excellent coaching and facilities. The scholarship for 2017 provides funding for 5 learners from the Windhoek High School.
The pillars of the NDP5 which applies to this project under the Social Progression pillars – Harnessing the Demographic Dividends
- Youth Empowerement
- Intergrate marginalized communities into mainstream
Human Capital Development
- Social Progression
- Basic Education
- Technical/Vocational Education and Training
Environment and Climate Change
- Strengthen Environmental protection
- Promote environmentally sound investments and production systems.
Achieve, sustainable and equitable growth
- Rural Economic Development
- Enterprise Development